- Full name, address and nationality of the applicant;
- Detailed description of applied goods/services and international class(es).
- Trademark specimen (in electronic form);
- Certified copy of priority document, if claimed. Priority data (application number, date and country) is required at filing;
- Signed Power of Attorney of applicant (under our form).
- Language of filing: Vietnamese;
- The Nice Classification -10th Edition (amended in 2015 & 2016) applied from October 01, 2016.
II. TIME LIMIT
- Formality examination is 01 month from the application’s filing date;
- Publication of the application is 02 months from the application’s formality acceptance date;
- Substantive examination is 09 months from the application’s publication date;
However, in practice, the time frame is usually longer due to the examiners’ working overload. Normally, it takes about 18-22 months from filing to registration.
III. VALIDITY TERM
A certificate of Trademark Registration is valid for 10 years from the filing date, renewable for unlimited times, each time of 10 years.